Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Blues

I've been working for a long time, since I was responsible enough to watch someone elses kids and tall enough to reach to push a lawn mower. And, for as long as I can remember that included Saturdays. In fact "about one third of employed Americans work Saturday..."

Somewhere along the road I discovered the luxury of not working on Saturdays. It's not so much the getting up part...but there's something about ironing a shirt, putting on dress pants, heels, jewelry, making sure it all matching, and taking the time and effort into my hair that just feels wrong on a Saturday morning. Although it's only ever other week, it's definitely the biggest con of my new job. To make it even worse I have to work in Delaware, which means a 45 minute commute southbound on the Blue Route to Rt 95. I have some concerns that once summer hits this will be intertangled with weekend traffic to the Delaware beaches. I may have to start self-medicating at that point.

1 comment:

Kim said...

I worked Saturday's at a real estate office when I was pregnant with Spencer. It was the only day of the week that I worked but I agree, it still seemed very wrong for some reason.