Wednesday, March 4, 2009

L.I.U.T.A

Jim and I are venturing off to Aruba in October courtesy of my favorite brother (thanks Rich!!) We haven't been on a real vacation since he shipped us off to Florida after chiropractic school graduation. The years following that vacation brought many surprises and struggles as we adapted to the truths of our careers, our job market, loan repayments, and the day to day of the "real world." We became masters at a thrifty life of Blockbuster, free admission day at the museum, rolled quarters, brown bag lunches, and Yahtzee. It really doesn't take much to make us happy!

2008 threw us into an upswing as we got engaged...and married and both started new jobs for a great company. Although we have no intentions of becoming frivolous or buying a McMansion I've taken it upon myself to declare the months up to our trip as a chance to let loose and have a little extra fun. What the heck...movie night on a Monday....the $12 wine instead of the $6.99 special...a weekend excursion to NYC for a play and shopping...maybe I'll even get brave and file the paperwork to official change my name!

We're "Livin' It Up Til Aruba.......LIUTA!!!"

1 comment:

Kim said...

Jared and I spent one day in Aruba during our honeymoon. (We were on a cruise and Aruba was one of the ports.) Of all the places we stopped it was definitely a place we said we wanted to go back to. You guys will love it! Rich is so nice to send you on a such a fun vacation. Have I told you how excited I am that your blogging???!!#@#H!@!!! :)