Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Yum!

It is estimated that "20 million pounds of candy corn are sold each year." I myself have an uncontrollable addiction for the stuff. There is no doubt it is a direct result of my upbringing. Candy corn has been a part of my life every autumn for as long as I can remember.

When the cool refreshing days of fall started to roll in a fresh batch candy corn/peanut mix would appear on the table and stay full until the frigid days of late November rolled around. When my birthday would approach in late October the decor of the kitchen would include a fresh table cloth, matching napkins, and of course a candy corn birthday cake!! It's sooo delicious!! My mom never missed a year.

Jim has faithfully carried on the tradition over the years that we've been cohabiting. He's even tried to incorporate my favorite confection into his gift giving. While recently transferring pictures to our new computer I came across these from several years ago.....

ooh. candy corn soda!
let me try a taste.

ugh. not my favorite!

jim, why don't you try it?

happy jim




1 comment:

Sarah said...

Seriously, I love you Rachelle. You are the best.