Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Holiday Prep

I finished the last of my gift buying and wrapping today. HoORay!!! I really love the holidays but I hate feeling stressed or rushing around last minute. I even managed to get Christmas cards in the mail at the last minute. We had wanted to do a photo card this year to show off our growing family (aka my expanding midriff) but never got around to taking the actual picture. We were running out of time to order cards and get them in time to address and send them out, so I tried doing a solo photo shot with the tripod and a little Sofee dog assistance. The best I came up with was the 31 week photo, but Jim thought my stomach looked plastic and felt left out. I guess there's always next year.


The rest of the week is pretty much a regular work week but it will be nice to have a 3 day weekend. Christmas Eve will be dinner and gifts with the in-laws followed by an annual gathering at family friends. Jim and I usually come home late and open presents before going to bed then sleep in super late on Christmas Day. It will probably be our last year ever so we'll be taking full advantage. We usually wake up and have a light breakfast, then head to his grandparents for lunch and more family time.

How about you?
Are you all wrapped and ready?
Do you have any special plans or traditions?

No comments: