Thursday, September 3, 2009

Fresh Prince

About a month ago, Jim and I watched Seven Pounds. Even amongst the details that seem a bit unlikely (I won't spoil it for those who haven't seen it) it was a good movie and worth watching. It made me realize how much I liked Will Smith as an actor. Renewed faith in his acting skills prompted us to rent Pursuit of Happyness. Based on a true story, I found it inspiring and heart warming.
The Pursuit of Happyness wallpaper

I must admit to feeling some sort of deeper emotional connection with Will Smith's character in both movies. It was unexpected. I think my memory was clogged with Carlton Banks, neon oversized geometric clothing, following by a distinct memory of dark sunglasses accompanied by a black suit. As classic as Men in Black is, it's not something I feel the need to watch ever again. I guess it just proves he's capable of delivering variety. If you haven't seen any of his newest films. Check 'em out.

No comments: