Saturday, October 31, 2009

My Decor

I grew up surrounded by home decor. My mother sold Home Interiors (imagine Avon home parties with pictures, candles, sconces, figurines, etc. instead). I spent most of my childhood watching, and eventually helping, her arrange and group wall hangings, accessorize for the current holiday season, and making floral arrangement and centerpieces. Every room in our home was beautifully decorated in a country or sometimes victorian style with coordinating figurines or greenery and filled with the aroma of the season.

Country. Victorian. Swags and sconces. Not really my style. But between only have a wild collection of hand me down items and moving frequently throughout college and graduate school, it took me a long time to realize that I could carry on all the concepts I had learned from my mother and add my own flare and style to make a beautiful home of my own.

Home buying/moving has been put to the back burner for the time being. So I decided to make some decorative upgrades to our apartment instead. This bookshelf nook filled with photos is one of my favorite completed projects.









1 comment:

Kim said...

Love the classic picture of you and Jen! Reminds me of all the fun times we spent at your house growing up!