Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Top 10 Reasons I'm SUPER excited for Aruba...

10. Time to catch up on reading. Between the plane rides, layovers, and beach time I should be able to catch up on a few easy novels as well as some trashy magazines.

9. Jim's first international trip. How exciting!! I'm hoping he gets the travel itch and wants to skip off to Europe in the spring.

8. The new, cool flexible tripod I received as an early birthday gift from Jim.

7. No traffic or driving related problems. We're not renting car and plan to stay within walking distance of the resort or take a taxi.

6. Snorkeling. I haven't been snorkeling since my trip to the Keys in 2002 and Jim has never been. He's a big fish lover so it's probably in the top 3 on his list. We've got the underwater cameras packed and ready to go.

5. SUN!!! Between my work schedule and rainy cloudy weekends this summer was a big thumbs down for getting a good tan. Better late than never.

4. Cute, fun summer outfits that I probably wouldn't wear if I wasn't in Aruba. I got a steal on summer clearance at Target and Victoria Secrets including a cute pink and white halter top , short white shorts (I'm usually a bermuda or capri length kind of girl), 2 new bikinis, new sunglasses, and cute new black flip-flops.

3. No place to be. One of the greatest things about any vacation!! Just relaxing on the beach or by the pool, sipping fruity drinks, and enjoying the day guilt free.

2. Did I mention SUN!?

1. No work! Jim and I agree. It's completely pathetic that the top thing on both our list is no work. I'm not sure what that says for the rest of my career!? I've decided that if it comes up in any conversation I will not admit to my true profession. It's a toss up between going for something strange hoping that the questioner knows as little about the job as I do or something common and boring that doesn't engage further conversation (i.e. bank teller).


...4 more days!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Yay! You will love Aruba. I can't wait to the pictures.

PS A great way to get out of work is to have a baby. Staying home and playing all day is waaaay more fun than working. I'm just sayin'.