Monday, July 19, 2010

Hit List

My agenda this week: reclaiming lost and stolen funds.
Lost or stolen because other people are idiots and/or have ripped me off.

My targets:

1)American Signature Furniture.
Less than a year ago, Jim and I bought a new couch (for a steal of deal, I might add!) and a new mattress and box spring set.

Couch=awesome.
Mattress=absolutely terrible.

It's impossible for Jim and I to be in bed together without sinking into the middle. and it just keeps getting worse. Last night I had to leave one leg hanging out of the bed to keep from being sucked in.
it's like sleeping in a taco shell.
and I'm getting old and my back hurts.
It sucks.

2) Pillar to Post. our home inspection company.

The jolly 'ole dough boy who did our home inspection missed a major structural issue in our kitchen and the fact that our AC didn't work.

Resulting in weeks of sweltering heat and sleepless nights, tearing our entire kitchen ceiling down, and dropping a fat wad of cash on getting a stupid beam replaced in my kitchen.

I blame it on a combination of laziness and not being able to get his fat head into the crawl space.

3) Tax man.

The local tax man at least. Our taxes are way to freakin' high, even compared to similar properties in the area. And if I'm denied, you better damn well believe I'm submitted complaints for every little thing that needs fixed in this neighborhood.

High taxes and a crooked stop sign. I don't think so.

4) Anyone who owes me more than $10.

If that's you, just pay up now. I'm on a warpath.


1 comment:

Kim said...

Go get 'em Rachelle! (I don't owe you money, do I? :) )This post gave me a good chuckle. I think my favorite quote is "couldn't get his fat head into the crawl space." I speak from my experience as a realtor when I say that home inspection companies are a racket and a huge waste of time and money.