Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mix-n-match

Some mornings everything in my closet seems like "i just wore that." I try to spruce up my wardrobe at the start of each season with a few new outfits and replace any must have items that didn't make it through from last year. Last summer I was wearing a company shirt in black with black, gray, or khaki pants all summer. Granted I didn't have to think much in the morning, but it came to haunt me when summer rolled around this year and I didn't have much in the closet that wasn't long sleeved or heavy material.

Although I had more work to do to get my business attire in shape, I got some great deals and have been very satisfied with my choices so far. Now that summer is well under way I'm at the mix-n-match stage and started to get the urge to shop again. I forced myself to get more creative and I think it paid off with this cute ensemble....

The ruffled pink striped blouse is a sleeveless, wrap style from Gap that I originally got to go with a cute pair of gray capri slacks. I paired it with a melon colored 3/4 sleeve cardigan from NY& Co that I originally bought as a twin set, a knee length black pencil skirt found in the back of my closet, my new favorite black heels, and the perfect necklace to tie it all together. Voila!!! A new outfit without spending another dime.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Cute outfit Rachelle! I miss dressing for work. I don't miss the work...just the dressing up part. :)