Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Reno

I've always had a strong desire to relocate to the Northwest. I've not even had the opportunity to pay the region a visit, but every photo, movie, documentary, or article makes my heart flutter a bit. I think it's the overwhelming presence of nature. One of my patients, originally from Oregon, starting bringing me her copies of Sunset magazine, "How to Live in the West". I love reading through the pages of recipes, gardening tips, travel and leisure articles, and tons of beautiful pictures.
Sunset Cover February 2010

In an effort to de-clutter during these winter storms, I'm tossing a huge stack of magazines...Sunset included. I was able to minimize the stack to a small pile of articles and will be posting on the 'ole blog until the pile is also in the recycling bin.

Things to remember, as recommended by Sunset magazine, for a weekend to Reno....

River supplies at Wild Sierra Adventures or go with a Tahoe Whitewater Tour. Early May brings the Reno River festival with entertainment and fun kayak and raft competitions.

Arts district along the River Walk including Sierra Arts and Neveda Museum of Art.

Reno Riverwalk
Suggested restaurants include, Beaujolais Bistro, Chocolate Bar, Java Jungle, and Se7en Teahouse & Bar.

No comments: