Saturday, April 17, 2010

Charlotte



Aside from several minor travel disasters ( I'm just trying to forget it all happened!), my trip to Charlotte was a perfect weekend. My second set of parents, the ones who listen to loud music and call their daughter a boozehound were in town. Boy do they have some great stories...

Add in Nicolette's gentleman caller, Mitch, and I was the much needed fifth wheel for the weekend.

Friday night it was a Checkers Play-off game. Hockey is hard to watch. I suggested making the puck a fluorescent color so it's easier to keep track of what's going on. Craig was so excited to get his picture with one of the CheckMates.

Nicolette refused. She didn't want to have 'that dad.' I suggested pretending he was my husband instead of her dad, but she still wouldn't go for it.

Saturday brought perfect weather for an afternoon at the Carolina brewery. $5 gets you 5 tokens and a free little beer glass. It was a big menu. Mitch had trouble deciding. He needed some assistance from his BlackBerry...

There was a band.

Patio umbrellas.

And happy faces.
(I've heard that beer can have that effect on people)

Saturday night, we had a delicious dinner downtown at RiRa's Irish Pub. I recommend the Guiness BBQ burger. Other favorites for the night included the potpie and the green beans. We finished up the evening with more beers and a little hearted conversation about god and religion. Sunday morning the parents departed. Nicolette and I spent filled the rest of the day with a little time pool side, lots of girl chat, and dinner at Mac's BBQ.

Sooo good. Get the lil' pig with mac n' cheese if you're ever faced with the decision. Does every meal leave you with this face? I mean look how happy this guy is.


No comments: