Saturday, April 17, 2010

Jevin goes to work.

I came across these pictures while I was sorting and packing stuff for the big move.

Some of my all time favorites. My nephew, Jevin, was about two and a half. I drove him to Marietta to my brother's job site so he could see where his Dad worked. He was soo excited during the whole drive. He was a chatter box for a kid his age, full of insight and plenty of commentary to keep any adult entertained for hours. And, as long as his surroundings were fairly bug and spider free, he wasn't the crying type either . Sometimes you'd even forgot how little he really was.


But that day, it made him seem so very tiny. Surrounded by all the big dozers and trucks. He suddenly became this little guy who was just too scared to let go of your hand. The type of thing that makes you love a kid. He finally got brave and climbed up into the cab with Rich. I think his little eyes still have a hint of anxiety.

That was four years ago. He still remembers that day and recalls the details quite well, but he nevers mentions being scared. I wonder if he just forgot that part?

No comments: