Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekend Rewind

We had a really fun, action packed weekend. Although I don't have one single picture of any of the happenings. Friday night we had front rows seats for a boxing match at The Blue Horizon. great time! Two knock outs, one ridiculously mismatched fight between some Hispanic version of the Pilsbury Doughboy and an intense end to the evening with a heated ten rounds in Derek "Pooh" Ennis vs. Jose Gonzalez. I really know nothing about boxing, but it was a great fight.

Saturday we spent the day enjoying the great weather, then off to Mikado for hibachi. great time! It was my first habachi experience and I know have the strong urge to add a huge griddle to our new kitchen. I was undecided about whether to just get chicken or chicken & steak. Go for the steak!! It was sooo delicious.

Sunday was spent with the in-laws and the extended Robinson family. great time! (ok it great is probably a bit of an exaggeration in describing Easter dinner, but we did have a nice afternoon.) I made this sweet potato souffle for the first time, and it turned out to be a big hit.

The rest of April is going to be be pretty jammed packed! Friday I'm off on a 5AM flight to spend a long weekend in Charlotte. One last dose of relaxation and girly fun before the house buying, moving, wallpaper removing chaos begins. Followed by a weekend of packing (ugh!), and by the weekend following we'll be homeowners.

yikes
.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to hear about all your home-owning adventures and see the place in person (someday!) Tell Nikki-Taye I said hello. :)