Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Progress?

So, we're making some progress on the home front. I think?!

The weekend was filled with endless amounts of labor, but we're all moved in. And now surrounded by mounds of boxes & furniture, in addition to the renovation mess we've created.

More wallpaper gone. More wallpaper discovered. (The more we get rid of that stuff the more it feels like our place!) Yard clean up in progress and the first cut is under our belt. A few bumps (and bucks) later, we got a grip on pool care. The kitchen has been scrubbed a few dozen times and we were able to cook our first meal at 10pm Sunday night.

I'm still trying to designate a few 'safe zones' to keep important items, such as car keys, wallet/purse, dog leash, etc. We spent hours scurrying around Sunday night trying to find all the essential items for work on Monday morning. I gave up on finding the iron and settled on a half wrinkle cotton shirt. It was a rough start to the week!

No pictures until the weekend though...internet access at work only until the cable guy comes. Until then I'll be searching the world wide web for kitchen flooring, paint colors, and fun dreamy inspiration rooms.

2 comments:

Kim said...

That scene sounds all to familiar since we just moved a couple of months ago. Ugh. I hate moving! Here is a moving haiku I wrote while in the process:

Moving, A Haiku by Kim Rehl
A change of address
Same old junk, different house
Moving is a bitch

All your hard work renovating will be well worth it in the end. Also, that is sweet that you have a pool! :)

Mrs. Robinson said...

A Haiku, complete with a swear word. You really do hate moving! and I don't blame you one bit. I actually thought about calling you during one of my car loads to express my sympathy...pregnant and 2 kids. I think I would've been MIA until it was all over.

ps. you are the cutest pregnant woman i've ever seen.