Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Knee deep

Where have the last 2 weeks gone? I've been surrounded by a whirl of self-inflicted chaos and I guess I lost the last 15 days of my life.

Maybe not chaos.
But my life is busy.
and dirty.
so that equates to chaos in my brain.

The house is coming along...slowly but surely. It's not even worth a photo update at this point. We're knee deep in half finished projects: spray painting, drywall mudding, rock removal and pool deck clean up, ceiling repair, priming the walls, dishwasher and new storm door installation, the mailbox, the house numbers, hedges....oh and let's not forget my mission to eradicate the killer ant and spider population. And somehow we managed to host my brother and his family over Memorial Day weekend.

Like I said. Self-inflicted chaos.

Overall Jim and I are happy (and frustrated) with the progress and hope to get some things finished up by the end of the month. Then it's on to major kitchen rennovations...good lord help us all.

I've got my eye on this lovely print from Fey Handmade that I think would be perfect in a kitchen....

...and I discovered the "apartment" section at Urban Outfitters. Are you an Urban Outfitters fan?


1 comment:

Unknown said...

We are trying to finish up some of our household repairs, especially bathroom but I understand how chaotic and consuming the "mess" of unfinished projects can be so if you need something just ask we'll help if we can or at least we can bring the baby by...he always makes me smile! can't wait to see your place! good luck!