Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Station

The past few weeks seem to have been particularly busy. A little to do with work, of course our never ending "To Do" list, there have also been deeper issue, the heavier topics of life, swirling around and consuming space, time, and emotion in my daily life. As I briefly mentioned, I was cooking up a storm, as well as spending a lot of time at the hospital with extended family after a newly diagnosed illness. I was also on the west coast for a fantastic seminar which resulted in my certification in pregnancy adjusting, also generating some general emotions about family, health, the blessings of a new life, and my views on all of the above. Last weekend also marked the anniversary of my own mother's death. Ten years. A complete decade. Amounting to exactly 1/3 of my life as motherless. Like I said, heavy stuff, but sometimes I think I need a little dose of heavy. It helps keep it all in perspective....


"Sooner of later we must realize there is no
Station, no one place to arrive at once and for all. The true joy of life is in the trip."

~Robert Hastings.

No comments: