Monday, February 6, 2012

Smoothies

I haven't really been loving food these days which would explain my lack of creativity in meal planning. It just seems like lots of stuff gives me heartburn or indigestion, plus I get full really fast. There's just not enough room in there! As far as dinners go I've been mostly sticking with stuff I've made in the past, I know Jim likes, and I think will be easy on my belly.

But, I have been doing some experimenting in the smoothie and juice category. The juicing thing is new and I don't think we've mastered it enough to share but smoothies on the other hand...I've made up some good mixes lately! They seem to go down easy and are a good source of protein for me, baby, and Jim.

The good thing about smoothies is pretty much anything goes. I guess this can also be the downfall of a smoothie. I found this post on No Meat Athlete to be a helpful guideline. We use to use the Magic Bullet to individual shakes, but it's kinda on it's last leg and I find it's sometimes hard to get everything I want in there and still get the right consistency. So, recently I started making a big batch in the late morning or early afternoon and just put the rest in the fridge for Jim when he gets home. Seems to be working for the time being.


Today's combination was a banana, frozen strawberries & pineapple, water, flax seed oil, rolled oats, a greek yogurt and raw protein powder. Yesterday, which turned out to be one of Jim's all time favorites I used a banana, frozen peaches and mango, soy milk, peanut butter, flax oil, and raw protein powder. Let's see what I can come up with for tomorrow!

No comments: