Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Baby Butterflies

I wouldn't really consider myself an anxious person.  Not that I never have a case of the jitters over an interview or some kind of big event, but nothing long lasting.  I tend to take the attitude that worrying obsessively over a particularly situation or scenario doesn't do you much good. You are better off trying to actually do something positive with your energy, hopefully helping the situation, instead.  That being said, I think I am suffering from some moderate anxiety related to the arrival of Baby #2 that I just can't seem to shake. 

One would think that I would have less anxiety seeing that I already have a kid and have done all this before.  I don't even really don't recall feeling this way when I was pregnant before.  Maybe because, even though it was all unknown territory, back then I felt like I could handle one little baby.  Now it's no longer one-on-on.  These little munkins are ganging up on me!  I find myself thinking at varies points throughout the day, "what would I do if the baby was here right now?"  Worst of all, I don't feel like there's much I go actually "do" to be productive in preparing for this change.  I am cleaning out, finishing up weird projects, working on some potty time with Riesling, and stock piling crockpot recipes.  I really know deep down that everything will be fine.  It might be hectic for awhile but we will adjust and settle into a new routine, just like we did after Riesling arrived.  I just hate harboring this feeling.  I have some other current stressors,  like a major babysitting crisis, that I'm hoping get resolved soon, lightening my mental load and my cortisol levels.  In the mean time I guess I just have to hit the yoga mat a little more often.

I wonder if it's a common thing among other mothers to be more anxious for a second or third child? 

No comments: