Saturday, December 12, 2009

Holiday Dinner



We had a great little dinner party last night and I didn't take one single picture. Not the food, the guests, the table. Not one! But some details from the evening are still worth sharing...

I brought out these wine glasses that were my moms. It's only a set of 4, so I mixed them with a more modern set I received as a gift several years ago. I liked the contrast between elegant, victorian set and the sleek, modern ones.


One of our guests was vegetarian so I made this delicious roasted vegetable pasta. It turned out perfect. It was also nice because I had all the prep done before everyone got here and just popped it into the oven during appetizers.

Jim made mussels as a first course. Typically he makes a red or basil cream sauce, but last night he tried a new recipe. They were a huge hit! We served fresh baguette slices and everyone loved soaking up the licorice flavored sauce.

The evening was a good start to a stream of fun holiday related events over the next 2 weeks. I really do love the holidays!!

No comments: