Sunday, January 9, 2011

Farewell

It's a little sad taking down all the cute little Santas and reindeer. Especially because they have no replacements since all of our year-round 'stuff' is still packed away. But, the tree was starting to drop a lot of needles and a snowy Saturday seemed like the perfect time to get the job done.

To avoid an OCD girls nightmare of tangled lights and crushed ornaments, I dedicated one tote to tree decorations only. Then I use scrap pieces of cardboard (I think these are part of an old shoe box) and neatly wrap each stand of lights. It's so simple, not to mention free.

Then I put them on the top of the tree ornament tote, so it's all ready for next year.

Jim was busy doing man work in the kitchen, so I had a little Sofee dog helper to keep me company...



No comments: