Tuesday, January 18, 2011

These boots were made for walking.

All this lovely winter weather can be hard on the footsies... and footwear. I decided this year I needed to invest in a brown and black pair of non-heeled boots, which turned out to be harder than I expected. I didn't want something too casual or too granny.

I found these Steve Maddens for a steal at Famous Footwear and wear them constantly on the weekends. They are so comfy and the color goes well with pretty much anything. I love having my skinny jeans tucked into boots to avoid getting all the wet and muck on them.

I was a bit more challenged finding black ones. I already have a pair of heeled knee high boots to wear with skirts or dresses but the heel makes them inconvenient for casual. I finally settled on these. I was a bit hesitant at first because they seemed a bit too clunky, but the price was right (and I had a coupon!) so I decided to go for it.

I'm actually really happy I did. I've worn them a lot during snowy or rainy days and they keep my feet warm and dry. I typically wear them for casual but I did wear them to work last week during a snow storm with a knee length skirt and tights and got a lot of compliments. And last weekend I paired them with jeans, a long sleeve tee from Gap, and my black blazer for a casual Saturday morning at work.

The plaid flannel scarf is one of my favorites!
A vintage find amongst my mom's old stuff.
I wonder how many more months of winter I can survive on the excitement of these fun winter fashions...

No comments: