Friday, August 19, 2011

Gluten Free Dump Cake

This is a super simple recipe and easy to change up the flavors to suit your taste buds....

Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake

1 21 oz can cherry pie filling/topping
1 gluten free devil's food cake mix (I used Betty Crooker)
1/2 C. butter, melted

Empty can of cherry topping into a 8x8 or 9x9 baking pan.
Sprinkle dry cake mix over cherries.
Spoon melted butter over cake mix.
Bake at 325 degrees for 45-50 minutes.


It turned out so moist and delicious! So good in fact that I might actually be having a heaping pile of it for breakfast as we speak. But I'm pregnant so I that gives me some kind of free pass to stuff my face with whatever I feel like and it's not appropriate for anyone to pass judgement or tell me that I'm becoming a fat slob. That will cause me to burst into tears and no one wants to be the jerk that made a pregnant woman cry. I'm also drinking my morning cup of Mama wellness tea so that makes up for something, right?


ps. If you're modifying this recipe to use a regular cake mix you may need to double the fruit filling and use a 13x9 pan. Gluten free cake mixes are usually less than the regular dry mixes.

No comments: