Thursday, October 27, 2011

Lil Nook

We have a little nook at one end of our hallway. We also happen to have a cute little bookshelf from our old apartment that fits perfectly. For probably close to a year the poor little thing was completely empty and sad looking. We have the large bookshelves in the living room already starving for more novels, and I hadn't come up with any good ideas on how to put the little red one to good use.

Finally, the anticipation of Baby Robinson sparked an idea. The nook is at the end of the hallway between the two extra bedrooms, which will hopefully be filled up with kiddos someday, so I started filling up the shelf with kids books.


The majority of the books I actually scored out of my dad's basement on our last trip to Ohio. So many of my childhood favorites including: a whole collection of Golden Books, The Berenstain Bears, and Teach Us, Amelia Bedelia. I've also been hitting up the local thrift store where children's books are only $0.25 and have scored some great collections of nursery rhymes, additional Golden Books, and James and the Giant Peach just to name a few.


The top holds a framed wedding invitation, a few of my favorite pictures from our honeymoon in Aruba, and a cool print that was actually the front of a wedding card we received.


No comments: