Saturday, July 7, 2012

Summer food

I think the biggest difference between  day to day life before Riesling and present day is I no longer take pictures of food.  Probably for the best.  Your eyes can longer persuade you to try my concoctions.  I guess you'll just have  to trust me.  Then again maybe no one has followed me into the kitchen even with my fancy photos in which case my dreams of becoming a master chef are completely crushed.  The phrase "don't quit your day job" probably exists for a reasoning.  Anyways...

Corn Black Bean Salad

2 C. frozen corn
1 can black beans, drained & rinsed
1 yellow pepper
1-2 fire roasted red peppers, depending on size
1 medium red onion,
1 lime
olive oil(~2Tbsp)
cilantro
salt & pepper

Dice peppers & onion. Mix with black beans.  Add cilantro & juice of one lime.  Drizzle with olive until everything is evenly coated.  Mix in frozen corn last then salt, & pepper to taste. Serve chilled (the frozen corn will thaw quickly and help chill the other ingredients). 

No comments: