Sunday, January 3, 2010

Baby, it's cold outside...


...leading to a fairly uneventful new year so far. It's so cold and windy. The soft glow of the Christmas tree makes staying in even more cozy. It's a long-johns & blankets, lounging & snuggling, movies, paperbacks & board games, hot coffee & lots of candles kind of weekend for us.

I beat Jim in nail-biting game of Scrabble last night winning in my last turn with 16 points for 'hap' to put me in the lead by 3.

We finished season 5 of LOST and are restlessly waiting for the start of the final season.

We even ventured out to Barnes & Noble for a little date night complete with steamy hot lattes.

I've also been doing a lot of cooking and baking....

Meatballs and spinach-artichoke dip for New Year's Eve.

In Stidd family tradition, pork and sauerkraut to ring in the new year (with killer red skin mashed potatoes!)

And the BEST banana bread!
**I use a little less sugar (3/4 C.), add a snack sized cup of applesauce, and spinkle the top with crushed walnuts**



1 comment:

Kim said...

It's freezing here too. Jared and Mitchell went on a walk and tried to get me come too. I said "no thanks!"