Thursday, January 14, 2010

"kids say the darndest things."

I should put together a book of things that patients say to me....

Yesterday there were two separate conversations/comments about my boobs...thankfully both coming from other woman!! One women brought me lotion and body spray from Victoria Secret and proceeded to engage in a full conversation about her love for V.S. ended with, "What size bra are you? I'll bring you one in next week." Overall I think this women is just really friendly and possible a good deal shopper, but I'm not sure I'm able to accept such a gift.

The second women just blurts out, "Where'd those come from?" rudely pointed to my chest. "You must be pregnant!!" This women I don't particular like, but of course tolerate because she's a patient. My response was curt to say the least and I we moved on to the appropriate conversation about how she was feeling. I'm not even sure why she would make such a comment. I wish I had a picture of what I was wearing yesterday because I just don't understand how it prompted any type of commentary, particularly about my breasts.

On Monday, a man commented that he thought I looked "kinda black"...whatever that means...and I should get dreads or braids in my hair. "Oh really...you think I'd look nice with cornrows? I'll take that into consideration at my next haircut appointment."

A few of my old favorites....

A younger women who just want to 'let me know' that if I happen to get a divorce, her brother wanted to marry me (he's also a patient).

The women with "crotch" pain who refuses to acknowledge my use of the word groin instead.

And one of my old time favorites was a young lady over the summer..."Doc, I can't even do it doggy style because my knee hurts so much." Hmmm...sounds optional.

1 comment:

Kim said...

That is hilarious! I have a friend who is a hair stylists and tells me funny things her clients say/tell her all the time. People are weird.