Sunday, January 3, 2010

Ambitions

Resolution
–noun
1. a formal expression of opinion or intention made.
2. a resolve or determination: to make a firm resolution to do something.
3. the act of resolving or determining upon an action or course of action, method, procedure,etc.
4. the mental state or quality of being resolved or resolute; firmness or purpose.

I'm not really in to making resolutions. It just seems too structure. Accompanied by too much guilt and negativity if unachieved. But I am into ambitions.

Ambition
-noun
1. an earnest desire for some type of achievement or distinction, as power, honor, fame, or wealth, and the willingness to strive for its attainment.
2. the object, state, or result desired or sought after.
3. desire for work or activity; energy.

Things you want to accomplish, places you want to see, small personal defects you want to work on. Ambition, aspiration, goal, aim, focus. Positives. I often reassess where my ambitions lie throughout the year, both professional and personal. Winter. depressing. cold. dark. You can get lost in there! No better time for a fresh look and what life is for me...

Be really aware of what I put into my body and what I expect out of it. Make healthy food choices. Try new recipes. Get back to my A. M. workouts and yoga. Find balance between stress producing and stress relieving activities

Make an effort to learn new things. Read more. New ideas and facts about chiropractic and health. I also have several seminars I want to attend in the upcoming year.

Spanish. This is like a thorn in my side. I really do want to learn to speak Spanish, but it's just not in my wiring. Even interacting with a Spanish speaking population 5 days a week has had little effect on my comprehension. I seriously considering Rosetta Stone.

Take more weekend trips.

No comments: