Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Pot pie

I use to make this recipe back in college when I was first learning to cook on my own. I guess I kind of forgot about it for the last 6-7 years but is was just as delicious and even easier than I remembered.

2 C. frozen mixed veggies, thawed
1 C. cooked chicken, sliced into bite sized pieces
1 can cream of chicken
1 C. Bisquick
1/2 C. milk
1 egg, beaten

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix veggies, chicken, and cream soup into pie pan (deeper is better). In a medium bowl mix Bisquick, milk, and egg. Pour Bisquick batter over veggie mix. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

(I like my pot pie really hearty, so I add extra veggies. But, make sure to add a little extra cream of chicken soup. This is a little annoying if because you have to open another can, but it's definitely worth it!)