Sunday, November 20, 2011

Thanksgiving Prep

I can't believe it's Thanksgiving this week! A lot of times we travel to Ohio for a long weekend but this year we're staying close to home and having dinner with my in-laws, where half of the group will be vegetarian. My mother-in-law just can't grasp the whole idea of cooking without meat or meat related products (chicken broth, etc) so I volunteered to bring a vegetarian main dish as well as vegetarian stuffing. After some internet searching I decided on this squash dish. I think it looks AMAZING and hoping it turns out. I've never really worked with phyllo dough so it could be interesting.


After an early dinner we'll head over to Aunt Kathleen's for dessert and extended family time. I'll be bringing along a delicious pumpkin dessert. My sister-in-law makes it ever year for my family and it's always a big hit. I'll have to dig out the recipe and post it this week.

It's also our anniversary this week. It falls on a weekday and we'll both be working until after 8, so we plan to celebrate next weekend with brunch where we got married followed by an afternoon hike, weather permitting. We agreed on no gifts again this year. Of course last year Jim broke the rule so now I don't know which way to go.

No comments: