Saturday, August 14, 2010

I love it.

I'm sitting in the spare room with the windows wide open with a light breeze rustling the curtains. It's so quiet outside. This neighborhood is so unbelievably quiet. I love it. I love it so very much. It's my favorite thing about our new house. It makes me feel content even amongst all the construction and chaos. It reminds of growing up and small towns. It's like I managed to find my own little small town right here in the 'burbs. At first it was kind of eerie. Especially when you combine it with the fact that EVERYONE in the neighborhood is super nice. Like one of those movies that start out all sweet and cheery and then all the sudden everyone is getting killed or there's a crazy ghost or evil spirit that haunts the neighborhood at night. Nope. Didn't happen. Everyone's super nice. and it's always super quiet. And I love it.

This weather would be perfect for camping. I'm really craving a weekend of campfires, s'mores, long hikes, and just hanging out with nature. We usually try to take at least one trip in the late spring and another in the fall, more if we can fit it in. But this spring and summer has just been too busy with the house, plus I don't even know where to find all the camping gear amongst the piles of boxes in the basement. We tentatively scheduling a weekend get away in mid September. I think we just have to make it happen.

This weekend we're booked up with GrandPop's 90th birthday party and finishing up a lot of little projects around the house. Changing out the light switches, hanging a curtain rod, perhaps installing a dimmer switch in the kitchen. Sounds like fun, right!?

No comments: