Friday, May 11, 2012

Because I'm a mom

Last night I was laying on the edge of the bed gently rocking Riese while she was in her pack n play.  Apparently I was also sleeping.  After Jim gently woke me, he asked with bewilderment...."are you sleeping and rocking her at the same time?  How do you do that?"  To which I replied, "I don't know.  I'm a mom."

It's the truth though.  It's like some kind of super power you develop the minute that little person enters your world.  There's really no better explanation for the things we do as mothers.....


Why do I have a gentle sway while standing in line at the grocery store, even if I all alone?
Because I'm a mom. 

How can I be fully functioning on 3 hours of sleep?
Because I'm a mom. 

Why can I do almost anything with only one hand?
Because I'm a mom.

How do I know the difference between tired cry and hungry cry?
Because I'm a mom.

Why I am I bouncing on a physioball with a baby strapped to my chest while typing?
You get the idea....

I'm a Mom
And I love every minute of it!!




1 comment:

Liz said...

I love the fact that you can sleep and rock at the same time haha I find myself sleeping while feeding Katelyn a lot of the time.

PS...you look wonderful in your pic with Riesling!!