Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Working Mom

I went back to work yesterday.....

I know I needed to go back to work.  It's good for me to use my skills, share my knowledge, and help body's heal.  It's good for me to spend time with adults.  It's good for Riesling to spend time with other people and gain some independence. 

I'm really fortunate to only be going back to work part-time.  I even bring Riesling to the office with me for part of the time.  We found a very qualified nanny to watch her two evenings a week in our home.  She's in a familiar environment and gets to stick to her evening routine.  I can't really complain about any of the circumstances surrounding the event.  But, it was still a strange thing and requires a bit of a transition. 

She's been my little side kick for the last 3 months.  I just felt so empty without her.  My arms so light and so free.  Which also meant that they were refreshed and filled with extra excitement to snuggle up with her as soon as I got home...


No comments: