Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Holiday Recap

Is it really a New Year?!  I am having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that it's actually Wednesday...it just kinda feels like Sunday since Jim was home all day.  I have kinda been in a fog the last few weeks.  Busy, busy holiday fun followed, which was immediately followed by not so much fun.  I had this stupid cold which turned into a really bad cough,  resulting in spraining my ribs from coughing so hard, fast forward 3 days later and I'm in the emergency room with bronchitis and severe asthma issues.  Did I mention I am 35 weeks pregnant, work a physically demanding job as a chiropractor and chase around a toddler all day?  It has definitely been a long week! Thankfully I am on the road to recovery and trying to refocus my energy in preparation for our new addition.  Sweet little Baby Robinson will be here before you know it.

Although it seems to have come and gone quickly, we had a really nice Christmas.  We didn't go too overboard on the gifts (although I can't say the same about Grandma!) which turned out to be for the best.  She couldn't even finishing opening the small stack we had.  She just wanted to play with and admire all her new things.  We were opening gifts until Friday last week.  haha.  I think one of her favorite things is a set of eggs I got her for her play kitchen.  She is too funny.

"eggs!!!!"
"I cut the egg!" putting her new cookware to good use.


She was also pretty psyched about the harmonica in her stocking.  After a brief lesson from Daddy she actually picked it up pretty quickly.

 Uncle Tim and Aunt Becka got her a great VW bus pop up tent, which she thinks is a school busy and LOVES.  She spent a lot of Christmas morning dragging in coloring books and stuffed animals and convincing Mommy and Daddy to crawl inside with her. 

She is such a lucky little girl and was blessed with way too many wonderful gifts from loving family and friends.  I know she's still young and didn't really understand what was going on but I think she handled it all very gracefully. I mean how many kids actually say, "no more presents mommy" ?

No comments: