Monday, January 6, 2014

Random Thoughts on a Cold Monday

Our old babysitter refused to touch the thermostats in the house while we were away.  Which I always found to be just a little annoying because sometimes the temperature can change quite a bit between 2pm and 8pm, so I would either have to turn it up before leaving or come home to a cold house.  One of my current babysitters had the heat cranked up to 80 the other day!  What is she doing sunbathing in our playroom?  She is obviously a college student who has never had to pay a heating bill in her entire life.

I am officially full term as of last Friday.  Yep, 36+ weeks and still haven't a clue what I'm suppose to do with another baby in this house.  I keep thinking in my head that I already did all this once so it shouldn't be that hard, right?  I also keep thinking that I am only attempting to fool myself and I know that it is going to be utterly exhausting and probably overwhelming.  I also can't imagine what it's like to have and give all that love again for our new little one.  I'm so excited to meet him or her!

Jim and his brother decided to start a gardening/homesteading website and blog.  They are still working out the kinks but it's up and running and Jim has been working diligently on his blog posts, so head on over and check it out: http://northeasthomesteading.com

Riesling is sick.  Poor little girl.  Although exhausted she has been restless in her sleep because of it.   Sometimes she is crying about being cold or hot or needing mommy but right now I'm listening to her mumbling in her sleep about "more books" and "need honey"....I think Daddy read her favorite Pooh and Piglet book too many times before bed.

I have been browsing my Pinterest boards for some dinner ideas I can freeze ahead of time or crockpot or quick dinners to prepare after Baby arrives.  I realized a few things.  I have so many good recipes pinned.  I rarely make any of them. 

No comments: