Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Calling all cold salads.

Boy, I'm a little long winded these days....

In addition to my secret fig bars, I scooped a few different cold salads from the prepared foods area in Whole Foods last night. I think the ceaser salad with bowtie pasta was my favorite. Another interesting choice I made was a chiptole apple cucumber salad. It had potential but just didn't do it for me.

Then today I spotted Barefoot Contessa whipping up a delicious pesto, pea, and pasta salad (I have Food Network on the waiting room TV today.)


Point being, I'm inspired to learn some new cold salad recipes for the upcoming spring & summer seasons. The new house will not only bring along lots of wallpaper removal and renovation projects, but it comes complete with a designated poolside break area. Add in an endless supply of fresh yummy salads and Coronas and I might be able to convince a few of our friends and family to lend a helping hand. So.....

Sarah
Please send me the quinoa recipe you made last summer.
I know it was super easy but I need a refresher.


If anyone else actually reads my blog,
send along your favorite summer sides and salad recipes.

No comments: