Sunday, March 21, 2010

Don't forget your hat.

Last year during our vacation to Aruba, Jim and I snagged a couple of awesome sun hats.


When we returned back to Philly, being that it was mid-October, there was no immediate use for the new hats. Jim decided that storing it in the back window of his car was the best place to ensure it wouldn't get smashed up waiting for summer to come around again. I agreed. Jim likes to pile stuff up without regard to what's on the bottom of the pile. The hat would never have survived winter in his closet. It has been a great plan, up until today.


I took Jim's car over to Jersey today so he could wax up the Forester while I was spending the afternoon at a bridal shower. The weather is absolutely beautiful. I'm a definite windows down kind of girl. All the windows... and the sunroof! I've been waiting all winter for fresh air and I plan to get every breath! At just the right moment my eye catches a glimpse of the famous hat fluttering up over the seat back and heading toward the window to be lost and gone forever.

Don't worry. My lightening speed reaction saved the day. I closed the window just in time. All-in-all the windows weren't my best plan. My hair was blown into some sort of birds nest by the time I got there. I had take extra care and even used rollers before leaving the house, but ended up with flat and frizzy. Particularly when dealing with a hair crisis, I should be more considerate about external factors that make it even worse.

But the shower was lovely.

The bride-to-be was really surprised.

She had on great boots.

And this little guy let me hold him for a good half hour.
Then went home with his mommy.
I really love returnables.


No comments: