Wednesday, March 24, 2010

This is serious business.

Being a doctor is serious job. Of course being a chiropractor is a bit less serious than a cardiac surgeon, but I'm still expected to be a responsible member of the health care community and need to be on my 'A' game at all times. I take my job very seriously.

That being said. I'm just not a very serious person.

Thankfully my profession also provides a dash on comedy on a daily basis.

Upon reviewing medical records from another provider...."complains of urinary frequency. Drinks 20 cups of coffee daily." WOW. I'm feeling really good about my caffeine intake now.

From an independent medical examination (basically a doctor that doesn't know the patient and is hired by the insurance company to determine whether ongoing care is necessary)...."the patient has acquired a hot tub at home and finds relief, which is similar to chiropractic treatment." I can't really comment on this without losing the humor in it. But, I will say if you've never experienced chiropractic, it is NOTHING like a hot tub.

When asking a patient to further describe his pain...."when I lay on my back I don't feel anything and when I lay on my stomach it feels like I'm laying on my back." I still don't know what this means. I've been searching through my old text books to find some kind of weird ass syndrome that makes you feel topsy-turvy. Still looking.

No comments: