Sunday, October 31, 2010

Birthday.

As expected, my birthday was fabulous.

I rocked out in a B&W polka dot sweater and plum dress (both from Target!!) at work paired with dark gray tights and black knee high boots. There's just something about polka dots that seem youthful to me. Jim thought I looked like the Joker.

I received a mum from my receptionist, a strawberry filled cake from the whole staff, and a bouquet of flowers from one of my Mexican patients. They are roses. I'm not sure that he understood that is kind of a romantic guesture. He actually came in from treatment, left, and came back with the flowers and a box of chocolates stating, "I forgot to remember your birthday." He's such a nice guy and his son is the cutest. Thanks Martin!

Fridays are a half day for Jim and I, so after work we met at the South Philly Tap Room for a late lunch and early drinks. They have a fantastic variety of draft beers. I also recommend the chips & dip, which among other tasty chips and dips, comes with plantain chips and guacamole

Before heading back home we stopped for coffee at the Ultimo Coffee Bar. Each cup is individually brewed. Inside you'll also find a selection of variety of take-out bottle speciality beers. Jim's favorite in Milk Stout made by Lancaster Brewing Company.

Next on the agenda was pumpkin picking, which would lead to pumpkin carving.


If you look closely you'll notice that I have something stuck in my teeth. Apparently it was there all afternoon and Jim failed to mention it.

We ended up with the pumpkin patch all to ourselves. Seriously. Not another soul in site. It was a beautiful, crisp fall evening and we truly enjoyed just wandering around and soaking in the peace and quiet. The farmer came back to pick us up on the hayride. Jim and I go pumpkin picking every year and we're always the only people on the hayride without kids. This year we were the only people on the hayride, period. It made me gitty.

At my request, Jim dug out the record player and some of my favorite vinyls for the evening. We carved pumpkins, drank merrily, opened presents (including a new camera which I'm totally pysched about!!) and stuffed ourselves with sugar loaded treats and candy corn cake. I would say it was a perfect day to be 30.

No comments: