Monday, October 4, 2010

Citrus

Another busy weekend at the Robinson house. I started off my Saturday with an early trip to the flea market in our town. Flea markets are the best. And the weather was perfect for browsing around with a hot coffee. For a whooping $15 I came home with a set of coffee mugs that match my moms old dinner plates, 2 rolling bins, a coffee urn, a candlestick, and 4 super cool 50's style glasses with orange stripes! I'm still so psyched.

The rest of the weekend wasn't so luxurious.
We're trying to tackle removing a bazillion layers of paint from the front doors...



Looks like fun, right?

For the most part we (mostly Jim) have had good success with the a non-toxic, biodegradable paint stripper called Citristrip. There are just a lot of layer and a lot of small details on the doors, so it is proving to be very time consuming. This was basically the second straight weekend working on them. It has required all kinds of little brushes and scrappers and is a very messy process. I think Jim was getting frustrated by the progress, so he tried out some old fashion smelly chemical stripper. I couldn't take the smell. I'm not sure that it was that big of a difference, especially for all the terrible fumes it caused.

Not complete, but we're getting there.

Speaking of citrus...
World on the street is that my little spider friends are not so fond of lemon or orange. Would you think I was crazy if I happened to spray all the bushes, trash cans, mail box, and patio areas with lemon antibacterial spray cleaner? Hypothetically speaking of course...
P.S. for a reminder of the true before check out post here and here

No comments: